Monday, November 19, 2007

things i can't photograph

a lovely woman named kim posted this picture on the comments section of my myspace page. i was immediately inspired to write about it...







yes
these are things
that mostly
i can't photograph

but it's all right
because
my broken heart
has healed

it breaks again
almost every day
over some thing
or other
and then heals again
completely

my love for some one
any one
every one
endures
because
love is eternal

my anger toward my mother
subsides
because i
forgive her
and
my
self

my tangled emotions
are captured in
poems that flow through me

the laughter
of my sister
is recorded
for posterity
and
a rainy day

my grandfather's
last breath
isn't as important
to me
as that last talk we had
before he left
or what he said
when he called me
in a dream
that time
my soul
lives and breathes
in every thing i create

including
my photographs

as for the sunshine....
it does feel good

1 comment:

selina said...

what a beautiful poem and entry. the holiday doesn't start for me until thursday...but hopefully we can catch up and laz around at some point. love ya!