Tuesday, June 05, 2007

white daisy passing

sometimes i sit in my office and look at our beautiful pictures and videos. one reason i love them so much is because, in a way, they help me keep a moment alive and well, in the here and now.

feelings about the passing of time reside in a deep, vulnerable place within us. the sadness of loss... the grief over change... the longing for times past...

the song "white daisy passing" expresses these kinds of feelings perfectly. thanks, ken, for introducing me to it. and thank you, rocky volotalo, for a song that surpasses time.

here's a nice youtube performance of the song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ozHv4YbiWlQ

here are the lyrics:

white daisy passing
please slow it down
there's a secret magic past world
that you only notice when you're looking back at it
all I wanna do is turn around
I'm going down to sleep
on the bottom of the ocean
because I couldn't let go
when the water hit the setting sun
passing white daisies taking turns
close the door walk into the street
catching raindrops on your tongue
and for a minute it all stops
but it won't last man
it's just a passing moment gone
please slow it down
there's a secret place that I know
where I could dig a grave out and climb
underground for good
all I want to do is turn around
I'm going down to sleep
on the bottom of the ocean
because I couldn't let go
when the water hit the setting sun
passing white daisies taking turns
all those evenings on the back deck
of our first apartment
they meant everything
but the wind just carried em off
and you can't go back now
just a passing moment gone

No comments: