Thursday, July 27, 2006

the banquet

(This is my first response to all of the posts on a column by Lewis Sheckler entitled The Church Of Liberalism, America's Established Religion on NRVToday.com)

Aside from that Jim Ward stunner, and a couple of other ugly personal comments I don't care to revisit, I've been impressed with the writers of the posts on Mr. Sheckler's column.

I've heard all of you, (despite yourselves sometimes) and I have been working on putting together my own reflections on the many issues that have been brought forth. You are all informing me about new perspectives, and I am grateful for that.

I would suggest that we continue to rise above the tone (violence) and seek the truth within all of the posts here. Where there is no truth present, we can promptly move on.


Thank you Mr. Sheckler for your willingness to take the heat in order to open a dialogue. I admire your strength and perseverance.

Thanks to all of you who are willing to share your point of view and earnestly discuss these serious and deep issues. We can't get anywhere in a dialogue until we come to the table together, and I'm glad to see you're all making the effort.

I saw a Christian preacher recently talking about the "banquet" that God will host in the heavenly realm, in which we would be seated in the presence of our enemies. This preacher interpreted that as meaning we are all called to the banquet together, and our enemies are a witness to our honor because they are seated across from us at the table. He said that we are able to do it, to feast together, because it is a table of peace.

I guess in the earthly realm, NRVToday.com is turning out to be like a banquet host. It's up to us to make our table one of peace as well.













Love to all,
Amy

No comments: